Residents of Hastings two-bedroom suites and multiple-resident units in the HLS apartments should consider checking with their suitemate(s) in advance to coordinate what to bring.
Things to consider bringing to HLS
- Alarm Clock
- Bedding – Pillows, blankets, mattress cover (mattresses are fire-resistant with a plastic surface), egg crate and bed sheets
- Cleaning Products – Common spaces (bathrooms, kitchens, hallways, and lounges) are cleaned by the custodial staff, but residents are expected to maintain a reasonable level of order and cleanliness in individual rooms and to maintain proper health and safety conditions.
- Computer/Laptop and surge protector
- Food Storage Containers
- Laundry Bag/Basket or Hamper
- Laundry Detergent
- Refrigerator (less than 4 cubic feet)
- Shower Caddy for Gropius and Hastings residents to carry their things to the bathroom
- Vacuum or Dustbuster – Resident Assistants will have vacuums for residents to borrow, but residents may want to bring their own small vacuum or dustbuster for personal use.
- Kitchen Supplies – All residents have access to at least one kitchen in their building. All kitchens are equipped with basic appliances (stove/oven, microwave, toaster oven, refrigerator/freezer). Gropius, North, and Hastings kitchens also have communal pots and pans and some other basic cooking needs. Apartment kitchens do not come with any kitchenware. All residents must provide their own plates, cups, utensils, chopping knives, Tupperware, etc.
Things NOT to bring to HLS
- Candles, or any type of an open flame
- Cooking appliances of any kind: microwaves, microfridges, coffee maker, toaster ovens, toasters, hot plates
- Halogen Lamps
- Space Heaters
- Pets of any kind
- A bed or mattress, unless pre-approved by Accessibility Services.