On behalf of our teams in the Office of Career Services (OCS) and the Office of Public Interest Advising (OPIA), welcome to Harvard Law School!
We are looking forward to meeting and working with you to explore and achieve your career goals.
Overview and Timeline
- Introduction to 1L Career Advising
- Watch a video of Career Planning: How Your 1L Year (and Job) Fit in the Big Picture
- Where Do 1Ls Work?
- Public Interest Guide to Summer Jobs and Timeline
- Private Sector Timeline
- Public Sector Application Materials
- Private Sector Application Materials
- OPIA/Public Sector Materials Review
- OCS/Private Sector 1L Resume Review Program (Submit by 11/15 for feedback by 12/1)
- OCS Peer Adviser 1L Resume and Cover Letter Workshops
- 1L Job Search Overview
- HLS Job Postings
- OPIA 1L Job Search Resources
- OCS 1L Job Search Resources
- Who Worked Where
Special Programming and Events
- Wasserstein Fellows Program
- 1L Mock Interview Program
- OPIA Program Recordings
- OCS Program Recordings
Advising appointments are available to 1Ls after October 15. See Making Your First 1L Career Advising Appointment for information.