Open to all researchers regardless of their affiliation, Historical & Special Collections houses one of the world’s most comprehensive collections of research materials for the study of legal history. Its chief mission is to acquire, catalog, preserve, and make available to researchers materials that document the history of the law in general and of Anglo-American law in particular. Historical & Special Collections holds nearly 3,000 linear feet of manuscripts, over 100,000 rare books, and more than 70,000 visual images.
Tuesday-Friday, 10am to 5pm
November 28-November 29
December 4, closed 3-5
December 24, closed 1-5
December 25-January 1st
- Historical & Special Collections is extending appointment hours to 9-6 on November 20-22 to accommodate American Society for Legal History Conference attendees. Please note this is an exception to our policy and normal appointment hours resume November 26.
- FOR HOLLIS Special Requests (HSR) users: You will need to change your password next time you log in to HSR due to a recent system upgrade. If you need assistance, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- We have commenced digitization of the Manley Ottmer Hudson papers. Portions of the collection will be unavailable for extended periods. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- Please have a look at our recently updated reproduction services and policies.
- Historical & Special Collections is now using HOLLIS Special Request! Researchers can request material through HOLLIS and register in advance. This registration will be valid at all archives and special collections that use HOLLIS Special Request.
Image credits: Photos by Brooks Kraft, 2014.