We are open by appointment only, Tuesday-Friday, 10-5.
To schedule an appointment, please email email@example.com.
Upcoming Closures: Monday, October 10
From the Et Seq Blog
Forest Greenery, ca. 1325
Here in New England we are surrounded by greenery this time of year, which brings to mind these charming illustrations from an early manuscript compilation of English statutes. The Charter of the Forest, enacted in 1217, was considered a companion to Magna Carta and appears directly after it in this volume. The Charter re-established for
July 12, 2022
Rebooting the Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. Digital Suite
After ten years, we are saying goodbye to the Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. Harvard Law School Library Digital Suite. We are hard at work creating a new digital experience using the Harvard Library CURIOSity platform. CURIOSity will provide a searching and browsing experience across all Holmes collections that will be more accessible and mobile friendly.
June 1, 2022
Top of page, clockwise:
- Tiberias, 1475. HLS MS 75, HOLLIS 990041080380203941, fol. 1r, seq. 5, detail, Harvard Law School Library.
- Harvard Voluntary Defenders, 1972-1973, HOLLIS 8001351559, Harvard Law School Library.
- View of large rare book, Brooks Kraft, 2014.
Left to right:
- Historical & Special Collections reading room, Brooks Kraft, 2014.
- Harvard Law School Library pass, 1868, HOLLIS 990020808460203941, Harvard Law School Library.
- De legibus Angliae, ca. 1300. HLS MS 1, HOLLIS 990028855300203941, seq. 29, detail, Harvard Law School Library.
- Historical & Special Collections stacks, Brooks Kraft, 2014.
- Treasure Room, Langdell Hall by Fay Foto Service, 1952? HOLLIS 8001070613, Harvard Law School Library.
- Court in session at the Nuremberg Trials by Office Chief of Counsel for War Crimes, Dec. 3 1947, HOLLIS olvwork376194, Harvard Law School Library.