Your browser does not support JavaScript

Diploma Name and Mailing Address Form

Diploma Name and Mailing Address Form

Please complete and submit the Diploma Name and Mailing Address Form by Friday, May 15 with your preferred name (must be your legal name) and delivery address for your diploma.

If you do not complete and submit this form, we will default to providing your permanent address as listed in Helios for diploma distribution.

Diploma Replacement

Diploma Replacement

If your diploma has been destroyed or is irrecoverably lost, the Registrar’s Office can order a replacement diploma from the University for a $115.00 fee. The order process takes approximately 2-3 months.

Please note that the replacement diploma will be an exact replica of the original, except that it will include the following language, in English, near the bottom:

“This is to certify that the above-named [graduate’s name], having fulfilled all the requirements for the degree of [degree name], received on [graduation date], a diploma in substance as above. Attest: [signature], Secretary, [date of reissue].”

To request a replacement diploma, you will need to send us a signed and notarized letter (our address is in my e-mail signature) that includes:

  • Your name, date of birth, HUID or the last 4 #’s of your SSN
  • The reason for your duplicate diploma request
  • A check or money order for $115 made out to Harvard Law School
  • The address you where you would like us to mail the diploma

*Note: If your diploma is lost or stolen, please send us a copy of the insurance claim or the police report along with your replacement request. If your diploma is damaged, please send the diploma with your replacement request.

For additional information, please contact our office at 617.495.4612 or by e-mail.

To request a replacement diploma, please fill out the Diploma Replacement Request Form and mail it to the Office of the Registrar.