reghbariah at sjd.law.harvard.edu
The Legal Fragmentation of Israel/Palestine: Palestinians and the Israeli Legal System Following the Constitutional Revolution
Fields of Research and Supervisors
- Constitutional Theory and Settler States with Professor Noah Feldman, Harvard Law School, Principal Faculty Supervisor
- Legal and Social Thought with Professor Duncan Kennedy, Harvard Law School
- The Modern History of Palestine with Professor Rashid Khalidi, Columbia University
Additional Research Interests
- Constitutional Law
- Criminal Law
- Legal Education
- Legal History
- Law and Technology
- Law and Settler Colonialism
- Harvard Law School, S.J.D. Candidate 2020 – Present
- Harvard Law School, LL.M. 2019 – 2020 (requirements fulfilled, degree waived)
- Tel Aviv University, LL.B. 2012 – 2015
- University of Haifa, B.Sc. 2008 – 2012
- “Informal Governance: Internet Referral Units and the Rise of State Interpretation of Terms of Service,” 23 YALE J. L. & TECH. ___ (forthcoming 2021) (co-authored with Amre Metwally).
- “Paying with their Freedom: A Call for Abolishing Imprisonment for Fine Default in Israel,” TAU. L. REV. (2019) (Hebrew) (co-authored with Ayelet Oz).
- “Arab-Palestinian Students in Israeli Law Schools: A Critical Reading of Legal Education in Israel,” 9 TAU. J.L. & SOC. CHANGE 217 (2018) (Hebrew).
- “The Struggle for Akoub & Za’atar: On Edible Plants in Palestinian Cuisine and Israeli Plant Protection Laws,” in STUDIES IN FOOD LAW 497 (Yofi Tirosh & Aeyal Gross eds., 2017) (Hebrew).
- Languages: English, Arabic, Hebrew
Last Updated: March 23, 2021