End of Calendar Year Deadlines
Steps to Submit a Non-employee Reimbursement Request
- Get a completed and signed Non-employee Reimbursement Form along with all required receipts (anything $75 or above).
- Login to Oracle and create a payment request.
- Check the little box! Be sure the little box is checked to certify that the non-employee reimbursement is for valid university business expenses. When the box is checked, an NR number is created to reimburse a non-employee. If the box is not checked, a PR number is created as if we were paying an invoice. We cannot fix this designation if it is wrong and will have to send the whole transaction back to you.
- Upload all attachments (completed and signed Non-employee Reimbursement Form and receipts). No paper to send! Nothing gets lost!
Receipts and the Missing Receipt Affidavit (MRA)
Receipts are defined as a document which shows the purchase being made. This does not include invoices, estimates or itineraries. Credit card statements are not meant to be used as receipts.
All receipts must include the following:
- Date of transaction
- Name of merchant
- Transaction details (what was purchased)
- The amount of purchase
- The form of payment used (credit card, cash, check)
- Indication that the amount was paid
If the reimbursee cannot find a receipt (and many are easily available online these days), they can submit a Missing Receipt Affidavit (MRA). The MRA should be a last resort solution, not a regular business practice.
Please make sure that you inform individuals who will need to be reimbursed that they will need to retain and submit receipts. Chasing down receipts is the most common reason for delays in getting payments processed.