Skip to content

Steps to Submit a Non-Employee Reimbursement Request

  1. Get a completed and signed Non-Employee Reimbursement Form along with all required receipts (anything $75 or above).
  2. Login to Buy-2-Pay and create an NR (Non-Employee Reimbursement).
  3. Here is a link to the Quick Reference Guide on how to create Non-Employee Reimbursements.
  4. Upload all attachments (completed and signed Non-employee Reimbursement Form and receipts).  No paper to send! Nothing gets lost!

Receipts and the Missing Receipt Affidavit (MRA)

Receipts are defined as a document which shows the purchase being made. This does not include invoices, estimates or itineraries. Credit card statements are not meant to be used as receipts.

All Receipts Must Include the Following:

  • Date of transaction
  • Name of merchant
  • Transaction details (what was purchased)
  • The amount of purchase
  • The form of payment used (credit card, cash, check)
  • Indication that the amount was paid

If the reimbursee cannot find a receipt (and many are easily available online these days), they can submit a Missing Receipt Affidavit (MRA)The MRA should be a last resort solution, not a regular business practice.

Please make sure that you inform individuals who will need to be reimbursed that they will need to retain and submit receipts. Chasing down receipts is the most common reason for delays in getting payments processed.