Harvard’s reporting system (formerly known as OBI)
Monitor Your Accounts through HART
- Customize reports and run them instantly whenever required
- Reports export easily to Excel
Online trainings are available – check out the options in Harvard Training Portal > Center for Workplace Development or the HLS Finance Office.
What to do if a charge or funds need to be moved to a different account
Transferring expenses or income from one account to another is called a Journal Entry. If you need a Journal Entry created, we need specific information from you:
- Run a Transaction Listing report in HART showing the actual charge in the General Ledger.
- Export the report into Excel.
- Highlight (or add a comment to) the line(s) that you need moved in Excel.
- Provide the complete account coding (all 33 digits) you want the amounts moved to.
- Please be very clear about which account should be debited and which should be credited.
Please do your best to review your accounts on a regular basis rather than asking for many journals at the end of the FY.