Below is a list of forms commonly used for financial applications. While not exhaustive, we hope you’ll find what you’re looking for. If you see something’s missing, let us know!
- Form St-2 Certificate of Exemption– Please use this form when a vendor asks to see proof that Harvard Law School is tax exempt in MA
- Form St-5 Sales Tax Exemption Purchaser Certificate-Please use this form when needing to prove that Harvard Law School is sales tax exempt in MA
- Form St-5C Contractor’s Sales Tax Exempt Purchase Certificate-Please use this form when needing to prove to a contractor that HLS is sales tax exempt in MA
- Federal Tax Exemption Letter – 501 (C) (3):-Please use this form when needing to prove that Harvard is exempt from paying federal tax in MA
- Blank W9-Attached is a form the vendors can fill out and attach to their Supplier Portal in B2P
- Harvard’s W-9-Please use this form when needing to show evidence that Harvard is a non-profit organization
Reimbursements + Citi Corporate Card + Purchasing Card
- Citibank Corporate Card Application – Please use this form to apply for a corporate card
- Concur Reimbursement Instructions-This is a two page document that explains how to process a Concur reimbursement
- Non-Employee Reimbursement Form – Required for reimbursements to non-employees (guest speakers, visitors, students)
- Missing Receipt Affidavit – Required for missing or inadequate (fax, copy) receipts on reimbursements, corporate card payments, and P-Card reconciliations
- Pcard Application– Please use this form to request a new purchasing card
- Petty Cash Voucher-Please use this form when requesting petty cash from the Financial Office. Is it helpful (but not required) to have it filled out before coming to get petty cash.
Invoices + Payment Requests + Honorariums
- Bank Draft Authorization Form – To have the check cut in a foreign currency, enclose this form with the payment request
- Check Inquiry Request Form-Please use this form to request that a stop payment be placed on a check or to request that a check be reissued
- Emergency Check Pickup Request – Please use this form to request an emergency check to be picked up at 1033 Massachusetts Avenue, 2nd Floor.
- Enclosure, Special Mailing or Deposit/Partial Payment Form-Please use this form to request a deposit, an accelerated, one-time payment or to request an enclosure with a payment
- In Lieu of Invoice Form – Please use this form to request payment in situations where it is possible or appropriate for the vendor or individual to provide an invoice (ex. refunds, honoraria, prizes, or fellowship payments).
- Wire Transfer Form – This form (and its instructions) are used to wire a USD payment to a vendor. Please enclose this form with the payment request and note that the minimum dollar amount for US wires is +$1000.
- Foreign Wire Transfer Form-This form is used to wire payment to a vendor in a foreign currency and needs to be attached to the payment request. Please note that a foreign currency wire transfer can be submitted in any dollar amount.
Cash inflow + Credit Vouchers + Gifts
- Check Redeposit Form – Please use this form when you would like to request that a check be redeposited back into a specific coding string
- Credit Voucher Form – Cash and checks must be recorded on the Credit Voucher with the correct coding strings and must be typed. Please submit one CV form per type of note (i.e., one CV for US checks, one CV for cash, one for Canadian bank notes, etc.)
- Gift Transmittal Form – For gifts to HLS, use this form and not a Credit Voucher. Please note that you may submit multiple checks per form.
(See also the Student Payroll page for detailed information on payroll.)
- I-9 Instructions – All students who are working for faculty as Research or Teaching Assistants must complete the I-9 form and supply required documentation within 3 business days of their hire
- Printable I9-Please use this form when setting up Research Assistants or Teaching Assistants to get paid
- Form I-94 for International Students Only – required for employment – submit with I-9 and other immigration documents
- W-4 for US Students – Annually required federal tax form for US students; submit with I-9
- M-4 – Massachusetts’ W-4; If you claim the same number of exemptions for Massachusetts and US taxes, complete the US form W-4 only. If claiming EXEMPT, you must complete a Mass Form M-4
- Direct Deposit Form – Use to set up direct deposit; attach a voided check
- Research Assistant Set-up Form – supply an RA Set-up Form for each RA position you are applying for
- Teaching Assistant Set-up Form – supply a TA Set-up Form for each TA position you are applying for
Incoming Wire Transfer Information
- Wire Instructions for University Wire Account – Please contact Sussane Rossini in the Office of Treasury Management before giving this information to vendors. It is to be used when vendors want to send wire transfers instead of a check or money order.
- Sponsored Research Incoming Wire Information – Please use this information when facilitating the deposit of sponsored payments to OSP (Office of Sponsored Research) only
- Office of the Recording Secretary Incoming Wire Information – Please use this bank information when sending gifts to Harvard University