Below is a list of forms commonly used for financial applications. While not exhaustive, we hope you’ll find what you’re looking for. If you see something’s missing, let us know!
- W-9 – Required when setting up a non-HLS Employee / US Citizen as a vendor for reimbursement. Fax to Vendor Hotline at 5-3600 after submitting your vendor request
- Zip+Four Look-Up – Required when entering a new vendor or adding a site to a vendor
Tax Exempt Status
- Form St-2 Certificate of Exemption– Please use this form when a vendor asks to see proof that Harvard Law School is tax exempt
Reimbursements + Citi Corporate Card + Purchasing Card
- Citibank Corporate Card Application – Please use this form to apply for a corporate card
- Non-Employee Reimbursement Form – Required for reimbursements to non-employees (guest speakers, visitors, students)
- Missing Receipt Affidavit – Required for missing or inadequate (fax, copy) receipts on reimbursements, corporate card payments, and P-Card reconciliations
- Pcard Application– Please use this form to request a new purchasing card
Invoices + Payment Requests + Honorariums
- Bank Draft Authorization Form – To have the check cut in a foreign currency, enclose this form with the payment request
- Check Inquiry Request Form-Please use this form to request that a stop payment be placed on a check or to request that a check be reissued
- Emergency Check Pickup Request – Please use this form to request an emergency check to be picked up at 1033 Massachusetts Avenue, 2nd Floor.
- Enclosure, Special Mailing or Deposit/Partial Payment Form-Please use this form to request a deposit, an accelerated, one-time payment or to request an enclosure with a payment
- In Lieu of Invoice Form – Please use this form to request payment in situations where it is possible or appropriate for the vendor or individual to provide an invoice (ex. refunds, honoraria, prizes, or fellowship payments).
- Wire Transfer Form – This form is used to wire a USD payment to a vendor. Please enclose this form with the payment request and note that the minimum dollar amount for US wires is +$1000.
- Foreign Wire Transfer Form-This form is used to wire payment to a vendor in a foreign currency and needs to be attached to the payment request. Please note that a foreign currency wire transfer can be submitted in any dollar amount.
Cash inflow + Credit Vouchers + Gifts
- Check Redeposit Form – Please use this form when you would like to request that a check be redeposited back into a specific coding string
- Credit Voucher Form – Cash and checks must be recorded on the Credit Voucher with the correct coding strings and must be typed. Please submit one CV form per type of note (i.e., one CV for US checks, one CV for cash, one for Canadian bank notes, etc.)
- Gift Transmittal Form – For gifts to HLS, use this form and not a Credit Voucher. Please note that you may submit multiple checks per form.
Research and Teaching Assistant Payroll
(See also the Student Payroll page for detailed information on payroll.)
- I-9 Instructions – All students who are working for faculty as Research or Teaching Assistants must complete the I-9 form and supply required documentation within 3 business days of their hire
- Printable I9-Please use this form when setting up Research Assistants or Teaching Assistants to get paid
- Form I-94 for International Students Only – required for employment – submit with I-9 and other immigration documents
- W-4 for US Students – Annually required federal tax form for US students; submit with I-9
- M-4 – Massachusetts’ W-4; If you claim the same number of exemptions for Massachusetts and US taxes, complete the US form W-4 only. If claiming EXEMPT, you must complete a Mass Form M-4
- Direct Deposit Form – Use to set up direct deposit; attach a voided check
- Research Assistant Set-up Form – supply an RA Set-up Form for each RA position you are applying for
- Teaching Assistant Set-up Form – supply a TA Set-up Form for each TA position you are applying for
- Research Assistant Time Sheet – time sheets are due to the HLS Financial Office by noon on Thursday for payment the following Friday
- Teaching Assistant Time Sheet – for TAs being paid via weekly time sheets; time sheets are due to the HLS Financial Office by noon on Thursday for payment the following Friday