The OCS provides a wide range of career development services for HLS students and alumni, including:
- Programming: Throughout the academic year, the OCS conducts an extensive range of career-related panel discussions, presentations, receptions, and workshops covering a wide range of topics including job search nuts and bolts, substantive practice overviews, and self-assessment tools. For a full view of OCS programming, please see our Career Events Calendar.
- Individual Advising: Experienced OCS Advisors are available for 20 minute individual counseling sessions with HLS students and alumni to develop personalized career strategies. Unfortunately, due to the heavy demands of the fall recruiting season, the OCS must suspend individual counseling for alumni from September through December. The OCS Advisors are all former practicing attorneys with a wide range of legal and counseling backgrounds.
- Recruiting: Each year, the OCS coordinates over 10,000 interviews with over 800 employers for HLS students. These on-campus interview programs are concentrated in the fall for second and third year students and in the spring for first year students.
- Website: The OCS website provides volumes of career-related advice and sample marketing materials, as well as links to important career search resources. In addition to general legal job search materials, the website provides extensive coverage of judicial clerkships, law teaching, alternative careers, legal practice areas, career transitions, and more.
- Job Postings: The OCS maintains a searchable database of current legal and alternative employment opportunities across the U.S. and abroad for students and alumni.