One avenue to consider in conducting a job search is to take advantage of the career services resources of law schools in the geographic regions in which you are interested in working. The career services offices at many law schools, including Harvard, allow students and alumni from other schools to have limited access to career resources.
Process for HLS Students and Alumni Requesting Reciprocity from Other Law Schools
- Review the school’s reciprocity policy on the NALP website.
- Email your request to email@example.com. Please include the name of the school from which you are seeking reciprocity, your graduation year, phone number and preferred email address.
- If available, provide the contact information for the reciprocity coordinator at the other school. This contact information may be available on NALP’s Reciprocity Policies page.
- OCS will then submit the reciprocity request on your behalf.
- We will only submit one reciprocity request per student or alum at a time.
- Reciprocity is not available from another Boston-area law schools.
Please note that different law schools have different policies on reciprocity. Schools may limit reciprocity in circumstances such as these:
- During certain times of year, such as recruiting season.
- Where an individual already has reciprocity with another local-area law school.
- Where there has not been an equal exchange of reciprocity between HLS and the other school.
In addition, the school’s resources may be limited or unavailable if the school is operating in a remote learning environment.