In an effort to support COVID-19 workforce planning efforts, Harvard Law School is creating a way to share talent and expertise across various departments. This program was created to connect staff with extra capacity and related skills to departments in need of temporary support. HLS Human Resources helps match needs and talents by working with managers across the school.
Online Learning Associate (OLA) Opportunity
This fall, Harvard Law School classrooms have moved from lecture halls to laptops. Creating excellent, engaged online classrooms is a complex process, best understood as analogous to an airplane flight. Each class has (1) on-boarding, (2) in-flight, and (3) post-flight phases. HLS is setting up a dedicated, diverse team of HLS community members to serve as online classroom “co-pilots” for faculty “pilots” in fall 2020 courses. This team of Online Learning Associates (OLAs) conduct co-pilot activities in one or more phases of class, including check-ins to ensure video and other production elements are set and running break-out rooms. OLAs include (1) faculty assistants; (2) teaching fellows; (3) program, center, and other staff already working with teaching faculty, and (4) staff members with strong skills across technology, organization, and innovation domains who step forward to serve as co-pilots. If you would like to explore joining the OLA team as a volunteer (alongside your current responsibilities, of course) we want to hear from you! Please be sure to discuss with your supervisor and express your interest through the below. Comfort with using Zoom is a plus but not required; full training will be provided. We hope you will consider contributing to this dynamic, historic moment at HLS by seeing if OLA activities are right for you!
Get an overview of the OLA Program here!
Express Your Interest in Being an OLA See Work Share Opportunities
Why participate in HLS Work Share?
- Provides opportunities for collaboration and professional growth
- Engages our people who may find their time, skills and talents underutilized
- Supports the preservation of our core workforce
How to participate in HLS Work Share
- Employees and direct supervisors will work in close consultation to collectively agree upon a work share opportunity.
- Employees – If you have time and skills to offer we encourage you to contact your direct supervisor to express interest in participating.
- Supervisors – If you have an employee with time and skills to offer, please complete the Time to Share Form.
- Supervisors – If you have work available in your department that may be completed by employees outside your own team, please complete the Work Opportunity Form.
- See additional information in the FAQs.
I have a work opportunity to share! I have some time available to share!