Remote Work and Remote Legal Services Resources
Remote Work and Remote Legal Services
- Professional Responsibility and Remote Work – Specific guidance on professional responsibility when sharing work spaces and managing confidential information in the remote environment.
- Notarization Services for Clinics and SPOs – Several HLS staff are available to notarize in-person safely in Cambridge and Jamaica Plain. Plus view LSC’s Virtual Notarization Guide.
- Shredding Service for Clinics and SPOs while HLS Is Working Remotely
- Best Practices for Attorneys Handling Remote/Virtual Hearings (Legal Aid Society of DC)
- National Center on Law & Elder Rights Strategies for Providing Remote Legal Services to Older Adults
Digital, Virtual, and Technology Resources
- E-Signature Software
- Adobe Fill and Sign is to be used for general correspondence, time sheets, student evaluations, internal HLS forms, etc. All HLS staff and clinical students can use the Adobe Fill & Sign Adobe Acrobat DC software installed with Creative Cloud.
- Clinics should use Adobe Sign for external and client documents with legal significance such as court filings, affidavits, agreements, real estate contracts, financial statements, regulatory documents, vendor agreements, subpoenas, agency forms including the IRS and MA Department of Revenue, power of attorney forms, retainers, releases, entity formation documents, and other client documents. Each clinic/SPO has one Adobe Sign administrator to facilitate the document signing process and no one should use the personal Adobe Sign at this time.
- Scan, Sign, and Share Documents (via OneDrive)
- Paper documents can be converted to digital using the built in OneDrive Scanning function available on all smartphones. This has the benefit of getting the document straight into OneDrive, which can be accessed via O365 or VDI and put into Time Matters. All staff/students have a OneDrive account (tied either to their HLS email or HLSClinics email).
- Device Encryption and Certification
- Students may use personal device to access VDI and to access HLS clinical email in conjunction with their clinical work. If students would like to use additional clinical applications from their personal device, including O365 Applications, or temporarily store data on their personal computer, the personal electronic devices must be certified by ITS before they will be approved for use.
- See here for clinical email configuration on a mobile device.