Students may not register in Helios for the same clinic twice. However, with approval of the clinic, the Advanced Clinical Program allows students to continue their clinical work into subsequent semesters and across academic years.
Before submitting an application, first discuss your interest in continuing your clinical work with your supervisor well in advance of the application deadline. Clinics often have limited slots for advanced clinical students.
|Fall 2023||August 18, 2023|
|Winter 2024||October 27, 2023|
|Spring 2024||January 10, 2024|
Submit Your Application
You must have the consent of your clinical supervisor and the Clinical Faculty Director in order for the Advanced Clinical application to be reviewed. If you are invited back by the clinic to work for another semester, you and your clinic must determine the likely projects or cases you will work on during the semester.
Applications with missing signatures will be returned to the student. Once approved, students will be notified by email and registered by the Office Clinical and Pro Bono Programs.
Students must complete the required number of clinical hours in order to receive academic credit.
- Every clinical credit is equivalent to 4 hours per week.
- Advanced clinicals are limited to either 2 or 3 clinical credits during the fall and spring semesters.
- Winter term advanced clinicals are set at 2 clinical credits. Students must be in residence working full-time at their placements.
- Independent clinical projects are not eligible for advanced clinical credit.
- Advanced clinicals do not satisfy experiential learning credits.
The clinical grading method (H/P/LP/F or Credit/Fail) is determined by the Clinical Faculty Director, and must be uniform for all advanced students in the same clinic.