There are multiple factors to consider when you reviewing an offer: some are logistical and factual, while others are more nuanced, and require deeper reflection into your professional aspirations. You may receive one job offer while waiting for another from a preferred employer. Be sure to acknowledge every job offer promptly and enthusiastically even if you need more time to respond definitively.
Responding to Offers
Law firm offers typically stay open for 21 days for large firms and 14 days for smaller firms.
You may hold open a maximum of three (3) offers at one time and must decline and release any extra offer within two business days of its receipt.
- Holding and Responding to Offer
- Evaluating Offers
- Evaluating Firms for Your Own Success
- Evaluating Firm Stability
- Salary Considerations
- Splitting the Summer
- Negotiating Offers from Small and Midsized Firms
- Logistics and Terms for Law Firms Offers
- Offer Dinners and Virtual Events
- Post Offer or Second Look Visits
- Law Firm Assessment Grid (pdf)
- Sample Responses to Common Firm Emails and Calls
- Student Recruiting and Interview Program Policies
- Employer Recruiting Policies and Guidelines
- Job Searching
- On the Job/Professionalism
- OPIA Offers advice (check page name and update)