For 1Ls Only – IMPORTANT NOTICE BELOW
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO 1Ls – Books and Supplies Advance
The Cash Advance process is one by which you automatically receive a direct deposit to your U.S. bank account for the credits that exceed your student account charges.
Entering 1Ls may qualify for two August cash advances; one for your FULL ACADEMIC YEAR books and supplies allowance; and one for your fall semester cash advance (which should be budgeted for September – January 15th).
As an entering 1L you will qualify for an early “Books and Supplies” advance of $1,350 on August 15th if all the following are true:
- You have a credit on your student account notice AND have signed up for direct deposit by August 13, 2018
- You have applied for all of your loans (including the required base loan for HLS grant recipients) by August 7, 2018
If you sign up for direct deposit and qualify for an advance after August 7, and before August 24, 2018, you will receive one cash advance for the semester on August 31st if all of the following are true:
- You have financial aid credits that exceed your student account charges
- You have signed up for direct deposit through your student account by August 28, 2018
- You have applied for all of your loans (including the required base loan for HLS grant recipients) by August 24, 2018
- You have completed the registration process on August 28, 2018 and have been cleared to register by the HLS Admissions Office
Students not on financial aid: Signing up for direct deposit is a good idea even if you are not on financial aid since it is likely that you will have a credit on your account such as the Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance if you chose to waive it. These credits will go to your student account and having direct deposit will be the most secure, easy and fastest way to receive these funds.