HLS requires student aid applicants to provide financial information regarding all parents, including biological parents, step-parents, adoptive parents, and legal guardians, even in cases where parents are divorced. After documents are submitted, the HLS Financial Aid Committee will determine the appropriate information that will be incorporated into the parent resource assessment.
In order to best understand your family’s resources, it is important that we have a complete and accurate understanding of your family’s household makeup as well as the assets and expenses of the household. Several aspects of the household’s make up–including the number of dependents it supports and/or maintains–will factor into our final calculations for the award package.
On the Parent Financial Resources Web Form, you (the parent) will be asked for information regarding your household’s assets and expenses incurred. (All figures should be entered using US currency.) You will also be asked to number the people in your household and provide information for each person in the household. You may include relatives living with the household if they are claimed as dependents on your income tax form, or if at least half of their support comes from your household.
This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- step-parents (if parents are divorced and have re-married)
- siblings/half-siblings/legally adopted siblings
- step-sibling (i.e., a step-parent’s child who is not biologically related to the student)
- other relatives
If the student’s parents are divorced or separated, then each parent should complete a separate form for their respective household.
NOTE: We will require further documentation of enrollment as part of the Fall 2016 Update process. If you indicate that a particular member of your family is enrolled in college or graduate school in the sections below, you will need to provide official documentation from the enrolling institution by having a certified official completed our Sibling Enrollment Verification Form which will be available in late August 2016.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE YOU BEGIN THIS FORM:
- This is a single session form which means that you need to complete the whole form in one session. You cannot complete a portion of the form now and then return at a different time to finish it.
- We suggest you read through the form before you begin to determine what back up data you need to have ready in order to successfully complete the entire form in one session.
- We estimate it will take about an hour for you to complete this form depending on your specific circumstances.
- The “Submit Button” will only be enabled if you have filled in all of the REQUIRED Fields. REQUIRED Fields are denoted with an “*”.