Students and Alumni of Other Law Schools seeking Reciprocity with HLS
The Office of Career Services (“OCS”) allows limited access to its career resources to students and alumni of ABA-accredited law schools that grant reciprocal services to students and alumni of HLS, subject to the limitations set forth below. OCS will only accept reciprocity requests from a law school’s Office of Career Services representative on behalf of a student or alumni. Those interested in reciprocity should contact their law schools’ Career Services to initiate the request.
The Career Services’ representative requesting reciprocity should contact OCS by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Name of the law school
- Name of the student or alumni
- Graduation year of the student or alumni
- Email and address of the student or alumni
OCS will notify the law school by email as to whether the request has been granted. OCS will email a copy to the individual seeking reciprocity.
Terms of Reciprocity at OCS
- Reciprocity is not available from May 15 to September 15 during which time OCS is conducting recruitment programs.
- Reciprocity allows an individual access to the OCS online job bank in “view only” mode for 14 days from the date reciprocity is granted. Individuals may request a one-time extension for an additional 14 days.
- The online job bank is accessed through CSM/Symplicity. Access will be granted only for the email specified in the reciprocity request and should not be shared.
- Reciprocity does not extend to counseling services.
- Requests for access to Harvard libraries should be made directly to those respective libraries.
- Reciprocity does not permit participation in any HLS-sponsored interview or career program.
- Reciprocity is not available to students or alumni of Boston-area law schools or to individuals who have already been granted reciprocity from another Boston-area law school.
- Reciprocity is granted on a case-by-case basis and may be revoked at the discretion of the Assistant Dean of Career Services.
Please contact OCS by phone at 617-495-3119 or email at email@example.com if you have any questions about the above-stated policy.