Seating Charts software provides the ability for faculty assistants and faculty members to view and print information about the students who are registered for a class during a specific semester. Some of the outputs that are available include seating charts with student pictures, flashcards with student’s names and photos, class rosters, and table tents listing a student’s name. You can order printed seating charts (dry mount or laminate), flash cards, and class rosters, available in the Seating Charts software, from the HLS Copy Center.
Faculty and Staff
- Blank room layout seating charts for student seat signup
- Capability to place students’ pictures and names into room layout seats, for use in class
- Printable class rosters with or without student photos
- Table tents with student names for classroom use
- Flash cards with student photos for learning student names/faces
Beginners should understand the use of seating charts in a law school setting.
Using This Service
Get this service
Contact the ITS Service Desk online via the HLS Services Hub. ITS will then set up access via username/password to the SeatGen Seating Charts application.
Once you have an account you can access the Seating Chart application here: https://seatgen.law.harvard.edu
Contact the ITS Service Desk
- Phone: 617-495-0722
- Online: HLS Services Hub
- Walk in: WCC B020
- Once a seating chart is created, it is available 24×7
- Self service chart creation and editing is also available 24×7
- Help in creating and using charts is available 8:30AM – 5:30PM, Monday – Friday
Seating Charts contain student data which is restricted to the use of Faculty and Faculty Assistants only. A student’s image is not stored in the system if there is a FERPA block on their SIS record. See the Harvard Enterprise Security Policy at http://policy.security.harvard.edu/.