Emerging Leaders was created to give Harvard Law School employees the opportunity to develop leadership skills through educational sessions, mentoring, events, and community service. HLS staff members who have been in their current position for at least one year are encouraged to apply. The application cycle for Emerging Leaders opens each year in the summer, and selected applicants are notified in early September.
The deadline to apply for the 2019-2020 Emerging Leaders cohort is August 18, 2019.
- A copy of your current resume
- Two short essay questions, and
- One (1) letter of recommendation (from your current/primary supervisor)
Being present at the Program’s events is essential to the success of your Emerging Leaders experience, so please make sure you have a discussion with your supervisor before applying. If you cannot make the commitment, please feel free to attend other Emerging Leaders events open to the HLS Community.
Important to know before you apply:
- After you click the application button below, you need to create a profile by clicking Login (in the top right corner), and signing in with your HarvardKey.
- Once you’ve created your profile, you will be redirected to a Welcome Page. Here you need to search for, and highlight Harvard Law School in the School/Institution box. You will then be directed to the Search For Award/Grant page. Once here, scroll down until you find the link to the Emerging Leaders Program application.
- Please note that all supporting documents MUST BE in PDF format.
- Also, please note, that there is a separate component to the application process for you to request your required Letter of Recommendation from your manager (or faculty member).
- You can upload your application without having to wait for your manager to upload your letter of recommendation.
- Please be sure to read all directions carefully throughout the application.