Every graduating J.D. student who has borrowed federal and/or private loans is required to have a 3L Student Loan Repayment meeting with representatives from Student Financial Services prior to graduation. These loan repayment sessions, often referred to as an Exit Interview, take place during the spring of your 3L year. If you have not yet attended one of our institutionally, federally, and ABA mandated loan repayment sessions, please review the list of available sessions and mark your calendar for the one that best fits your schedule.
REGISTRATION, SESSION DATES, TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS, AND DEADLINES
There is no limit to the number of students who can attend any one session. You do not need to reserve a space for the session, however, you will need to register – you can simply login a few minutes before the session begins and complete the registration at that time. The session will begin at the scheduled time and you need to be in attendance for the full 50-minute session in order for it to meet the ABA attendance requirement.
Exit sessions will take place at the following times and via the Zoom – Please refer to the email you received for the Zoom link
- Wednesday, March 23rd @ 3:00 P.M.
- Thursday, March 31st @ 8:00 A.M.
- Tuesday, April 5th @ 4:00 P.M.
- Thursday, April 7th @ 6:00 P.M.
- Monday, April 11th @ 12:45 P.M.
Technical requirements for the session
• The session is recommended to be accessed from a computer since there will be a presentation and we will be asking you to login to various sites
• Federal Loan borrowers will also need their FSA username and password (the same as what you use to access the FAFSA) during the session in order to view loan servicer information.
Student Financial Services is charged with helping you meet three graduation requirements by May 1:
- Student Loan Repayment Counseling – attend a session
- Student Loan Repayment Data Collection – complete online forms
- Student Account Collection – bring balance due to zero
Once you have met all three of these requirements, we will clear you for graduation. Please note that tickets for graduation exercises and diplomas will be placed on hold for students who do not meet these federal, institutional, and ABA requirements.