EIP Week will take place virtually from August 1 – 4, 2023. Read our recent announcement of Recruiting Policies and EIP Dates.
HLS’s Early Interview Program (“EIP”) is the largest law school recruitment program in the country geared toward private sector employment. Participating employers primarily interview 2Ls for summer positions and some 3Ls for full-time positions following graduation.
If you are registered for EIP Week, you may also opt to register for Preview. During EIP Preview, 2L students can submit resumes and transcripts to up to 5 employers in mid-June. Employers will receive application materials from Preview candidates and may conduct interviews before the start of classes on September 5, 2023. For more information about Preview, see our Preview FAQs.
2023 Important Dates
|Early February 2023||Employer Registration Opens|
|March 1, 2023||Priority Registration Deadline (Employers registered by March 1, will be included in the first list of EIP employers released to students)|
|March 15, 2023||EIP Date Release to employers registered by the priority deadline|
|May 31 – June 15, 2023||Preview bidding period for students|
|June 15, 2023||Employers Receive Preview Applications|
|June 26 – July 19, 2023||Student EIP Bidding Period|
|July 12, 2023||Deadline for employers to reply to Preview applicants (if you intend to invite a student for an interview, please let them know by this date)|
|July 19 – July 20, 2023||Employer Bid Count Review (employer’s last chance to make any final schedule adjustments before the lottery is run)|
|July 31, 2023||Schedules available in Symplicity|
|August 1 – August 4, 2023||EIP Interviews|
|August 4, 2024||EIP Resume collection applications released|
Resumes & transcripts from students who bid on resume collections will be available in Symplicity.
|September 4, 2023||Labor Day|
|September 5, 2023||Fall 2023 classes begin for 2Ls & 3Ls|
EIP Registration & Fees
STEP ONE: REPORT 2022 SUMMER ASSOCIATE FEEDBACK
Please provide information about offers extended to and accepted by Summer Associates from Harvard Law.
- In Symplicity, select [OCI] from the left side navigation, followed by the [Feedback] sub-tab.
- In the [Summer Program Feedback] tab, select [SUM 2022] to report feedback for every HLS student who participated in your organization’s 2022 summer program.
- Submit your Summer Program Outcome information by clicking [Finalize]. Once submitted, you will be unable to change or add feedback information. Please contact us if you need to make adjustments to the information you provide.
STEP TWO: REPORT AUGUST 2022 OCI FEEDBACK
- In Symplicity, select the [OCI Feedback] tab followed by “EIP Week August 2022“.
- Report feedback for every HLS student who interviewed with your organization last year. Further instructions are available on the “Feedback” page in Symplicity.
Please note: If more than one office participates in our program, all offices must submit feedback data before you receive your interview date.
- When complete, click [Finalize]. Once you submit your information you will be unable to change or add feedback information through Symplicity. Please contact us if you need to make adjustments to the information you provide.
STEP THREE: SUBMIT YOUR SCHEDULE REQUEST
- From the [OCI] tab, select the [Schedule Request] sub-tab.
- Click the red [Request A Schedule] button at the bottom of the page.
- Select the appropriate recruitment program(s) from the [Session] drop-down menu. *Note: if you intend to participate in Preview, you must submit requests for both EIP interviews and Preview separately.
- Complete all required fields and submit your request. You will receive an email confirmation containing the details of your request.
- Repeat the above steps to submit additional schedule requests.
STEP FOUR: COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION SURVEY
- If your organization is a law firm, complete the EIP 2023 Employer Registration Survey (required part of registration in order to receive your interview date). One survey submission per firm is acceptable unless responses vary by office.
EIP Resume Collection
If your organization is unable to participate in virtual EIP interviews, we encourage you to register for a resume collection instead. Students submit resumes & transcripts to employers of their choosing and the application results are released to employers on August 4, 2023. Register in Symplicity.
Employers participating in EIP are expected to comply with Harvard Law School’s Recruiting Policies & Guidelines.
Employers are not permitted to pre-screen candidates for EIP week interviews. A randomized lottery procedure utilizing students’ employer preferences is used to assign interviews. This process is designed to maximize interviewing opportunities for both students and employers. Other than resumes, employers should not ask for additional documents such as a transcript in advance of their EIP week interviews. Employers also should not request students to submit a cover letter with their resume or to bring one to their interview.
Flo Recruit / Interview Platform
Interviews will take place in Flo Recruit. OCS strongly recommends consulting with your internal IT department to ensure interviewers are able to access and use the platform. To book a test call and read more about the platform, please see below.
Flo Recruit Resources:
- 3-minute interviewer training video
- Interviewer Training PDF
- Video Chat Troubleshooting
- Technical specifications for IT departments
- Test your video and audio
- Book a test call
EIP Communications Log
|January 4, 2023||Harvard Law School – Recruiting Policies and EIP Dates|
|April 13, 2023||Harvard Law School – Important Preview Date Change and Policy Reminder|