If you have a hiring need at a time that does not coincide with one of our recruitment programs, you are welcome to submit a job posting for consideration by our students. Additionally, if your organization is in need of an experienced attorney, you are welcome to submit a job posting for consideration by our alumni.
In an effort to better serve our students, Harvard Law School hosts two separate databases that distinguish between private sector/judicial clerkship and public sector/government job opportunities. Links to post in both databases are provided below.
Important Job Posting Policies
- All employers that post job opportunities in the HLS Job Bank agree to comply with our Non-discrimination Policy. All employers also agree to comply with our Recruiting Policies, where applicable.
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to restrict or remove any job posting without notice that appears to violate our Non-discrimination Policy, our Recruiting Policies, or that we otherwise feel is inappropriate for our students and/or alumni.
- We will not post any job opportunity or otherwise circulate employment information where a non-lawyer is seeking a student to perform legal research or engage in any activities that could potentially be construed as the unauthorized practice of law.
- Please note that we do not accept postings from third parties including search firms.
Private Sector Employers and Judicial Clerkships
The HLS Job Bank, powered by CSM/Symplicity, is a simple, quick and effective way to recruit HLS students and alumni. After a one time registration, employers may post job openings online free of charge.
First-time Job Bank Users
- Open CSM/Symplicity in your browser
- Click the “sign up” button
- Complete the registration form and click submit.
- Log-in information will be emailed to you within one business day.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Sector & Government Employers
If you have questions or would like further information, you can visit OPIA on the web or contact their office at 617-495-3108 or at email@example.com.
Tips for Preparing Helpful and Effective Job Postings
Your job posting should include:
- A brief description of the position including the number of years of experience required
- Other job requirements including, but not limited, to foreign language skills, bar membership, or specific type of background (i.e., business, science, etc.)
- Materials to be included with the application (i.e., resume, cover letter, transcript)
- Contact information and desired method of contact
You may also consider including a brief description of your organization along with the salary range for the position.