If you have a hiring need at a time that does not coincide with one of our recruitment programs, you are welcome to submit a job posting for consideration by our students. Additionally, if your organization is in need of an experienced attorney, you are welcome to submit a job posting for consideration by our alumni.
In an effort to better serve our students, Harvard Law School hosts two separate databases that distinguish between private sector/judicial clerkship and public sector/government job opportunities. Links to post in both databases are provided below.
Important Job Posting Policies
- All employers that post job opportunities in the HLS Job Bank agree to comply with our Non-discrimination Policy. All employers also agree to comply with our Recruiting Policies, where applicable.
- We reserve the right in our sole discretion to restrict or remove any job posting without notice that appears to violate our Non-discrimination Policy or we otherwise feel is inappropriate for our students and/or alumni.
- We will not post any job opportunity or otherwise circulate employment information where a non-lawyer is seeking a student to perform legal research or engage in any activities that could potentially be construed as the unauthorized practice of law.
- Please note that we do not accept postings from third parties including search firms.
Private Sector Employers and Judicial Clerkships
The HLS Job Bank, powered by CSM/Symplicity, is a simple, quick and effective way to recruit HLS students and alumni. After a one time registration, employers may post job openings online free of charge.
First-time Job Bank Users
- Open CSM/Symplicity in your browser
- Click the “sign up” button
- Complete the registration form and click submit.
- Log-in information will be emailed to you within one business day.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
Public Sector & Government Employers
Job opportunities can be submitted to the Office of Public Interest Advising through the OPIA’s online job submission form. For more information see OPIA’s site for Public Interest Employers.
If you have questions or would like further information, you can visit OPIA on the web or contact their office at 617-495-3108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for Preparing Helpful and Effective Job Postings
Your job posting should include:
- A brief description of the position including the number of years of experience required
- Other job requirements including, but not limited, to foreign language skills, bar membership, or specific type of background (i.e., business, science, etc.)
- Materials to be included with the application (i.e., resume, cover letter, transcript)
- Contact information and desired method of contact
You may also consider including a brief description of your organization along with the salary range for the position.