To create a reserves list for a course using Canvas, use the Library Reserves tab in the left navigation on the course Canvas page. Step by step instructions for instructors on using the Canvas Reserves Tool can be found here. For technical assistance using the Library Reserve Reading List Tool, please contact the Learning Experience and Technology Team.
- It is best to submit course requests several weeks before the beginning of each semester.
- All items will not be immediately available for use in the reserves collection. It may take several weeks to receive books that must be ordered or recalled from patrons.
- For items readily available in the collection, please allow 1-2 working days processing time during peak reserve season.
- Materials may be added throughout the semester.
- At the end of the semester, materials will automatically be removed from course reserve. Library items will return to the collection and personal copies will be returned to the instructor’s delivery address or discarded.