*Please note that the dorm rooms shown have been decorated for presentation purposes. The bedding, pillows, towels and all decorative housewares seen in these images are NOT included in the room. Please see What to Bring page for a suggested packing list. Please see below for a list of items included in each room.
The Gropius Complex consists of five interconnected residence halls (Holmes, Ames, Dane, Story, and Shaw Halls) for a total of 364 single furnished rooms. Gropius offers traditional dormitory-style housing with approximately 20 residents per hall, common lounges, and shared kitchens and bathrooms. The majority of the floors are co-educational with one single sex or gender neutral bathroom per floor. A select number of floors are single sex.
To get the best sense of the Gropius Complex, check out the Gropius Photo Gallery and the HLS Floor Plans below.
View Room Types and Prices for listings of Gropius room types, prices, square footage, and number of units.
Pros to Living in Gropius
- most social and tightly-knit community
- cheapest on-campus option
- extremely close to WCC, where most classes are held
- extremely close to Harkness Commons, where the dining hall is located
Furnishings and Features of Gropius Complex
- extra-long twin bed with built in storage under the bed
- rolling desk chair
- desk lamp
- recycling bin
- full-length mirror
- chest of drawers
- closet with built-in shelving
- wireless and wired Internet access
- communal lounges, kitchens, and bathrooms
- laundry facilities in basements
Academic Year Floor Details
|STORY HALL||SHAW HALL||HOLMES HALL||AMES HALL||DANE HALL|
||-No 4th floor-||–No 4th floor-||
||–No 4th floor-|
|Gender Designations updated as of August 2015|