We look forward to hosting your organization for Harvard Law School’s 2017 Early Interview Program (EIP) at the Charles Hotel. Please note the following when planning your trip to Cambridge:
Interview schedules will run on one of the following schedules:
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (lunch break from 12 to 1 pm)
- 9:20 am – 5:20 pm (lunch break from 1 to 2 pm)
To maximize the number of scheduled interviews, we assign one of the above start and end times for each organization’s interview schedule(s). Multiple offices of a single organization will start and end at the same time. OCS will send an email as soon as interview schedules and resumes are available in Symplicity on August 1.
Please note, students will have the option of adding interviews with your organization on the morning of your interview date through a process facilitated by OCS. As such, please do not fill the empty slots in your interview schedules or they may be double-booked. If your interviewer(s) will arrive late or depart early, please let us know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assigning Interviewers to Schedules
In order to facilitate a smooth registration process for your recruiters on the morning of your interview date, please record interviewer names for your interview schedule(s) in Symplicity. To assign interviewer names, please complete the following steps:
- Log-in to Symplicity.
- Select [Interview Program] from the top menu bar, followed by the [Confirmed Schedules] sub-tab.
- Select the interview date hyperlink that corresponds to each interviewing office.
- In the [Interviewer] section, add the interviewer name for each room. You can assign more than one interviewer per room by using the [Add Name] button. If you don’t yet know interviewer names, please make sure to provide this information by no later than 12 noon on Tuesday, August 1. Please email us if you add or change interviewer names after this time.
Your Interview Day
OCS staff will be on hand to assist you on the day of your organization’s interviews. Please consider the following information to help you successfully plan your interview day.
- Final interview schedules, student resumes, EIP information and keys to interview rooms & hospitality suites will be provided. The schedules you receive through Symplicity on Tuesday, August 1 will be preliminary. Although there will not be many changes after the initial schedule release on August 1, please consider the schedules you receive at check-in to be final.
- Interviewers and recruiters should check-in with HLS staff in the Regattabar on the third floor of The Charles Hotel between 7 and 8:45 am. The Regattabar will be open to employers from 7 am to 3 pm with refreshments. Continental breakfast will be provided from 7 to 10 am and lunch from 11:30 am to 3 pm.
- Recruiters will have access to their interview rooms and hospitality suites from 8 am – 7 pm. All rooms must be vacated at 7 pm in order for The Charles Hotel staff to prepare the rooms for interviews on the following day.
For employers with hospitality suites, there are two options concerning how students check-in for interviews:
- Students are required to visit the hospitality suite to check-in before interviews.
The recruiter on-site will be responsible for informing students of where their interviews will take place. The advantage of this option is that the specific interview rooms will not be assigned in advance of your arrival on your interview date, allowing you to choose the room for each interviewer.
- Students report directly to the interview room and are not required to visit the hospitality suite.
OCS will share the exact locations of their interview rooms with students. Students can visit the hospitality suite at their discretion.
You were asked to select your preferred hospitality suite option when you registered for EIP earlier this year. You can review your selection at any time in Symplicity by selecting the “OCI” tab, followed by the “Confirmed Schedules” tab. The question can be found in the right margin under the “Other Registration Information” section and reads as follows:
If your organization will host a hospitality suite, please select one of the following:
1. Send students (interviewees) to the hospitality suite to check-in before interviews.
2. Send students (interviewees) directly to their interview room. Hospitality suite visit optional.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to change your response to this question.
Directions & Parking
The Charles Hotel is located in Harvard Square at 1 Bennett Street, Cambridge, MA. Maps, directions and parking information are available on The Charles Hotel website.
Self and valet parking are available. For questions regarding parking, please contact Nick Teeson, Charles Hotel Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-661-5098. We recommend that recruiters arrive by taxi, car service or public transportation unless they are familiar with the area.
All packages should arrive at The Charles Hotel no earlier than 2 days prior to your organization’s interview date. Packages should include the following information: firm name, onsite recruitment contact, interview date, total number of packages (e.g. 1 of 2).
Packages should be sent to the following address:
The Charles Hotel in Harvard Square
One Bennett Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Hotel staff will deliver materials to your hospitality suite or interview room(s) in advance of your arrival. If you have any issues with the delivery of packages, please contact the Charles Hotel hotline on the day of your interview at 617-864-1200 x5103. Be sure to include the shipping company and tracking number so the Charles Hotel team can effectively assist with your request.
For assistance please contact us at email@example.com.