Harvard Law School’s Green Early Interview Program (“Green EIP”) is an easy way for socially responsible organizations to reduce the environmental impact of the recruitment process.
Each fall hundreds of employers fly interviewers to campus, distribute promotional materials to students, and fly students to their offices for callback interviews—contributing to significant greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
By participating in Green EIP, employers gain recognition for reducing their impact, and are promoted to students as Green EIP Employers.
To participate in Green EIP, an employer must agree to meet three simple obligations:
- Purchase high quality carbon offsets from a Green EIP approved offset provider for all estimated plane and car travel associated with the HLS EIP interviewing process.
- Limit the distribution of paper recruiting materials to one double-sided sheet per student.
- Reduce waste generated at hospitality suites and receptions through simple changes such as, replacing bottled water with pitchers and reusable cups.
The process for purchasing offsets can be completed in less than ten minutes. The Green EIP Coordinator will provide more details to employers that register for Green EIP and is available to assist should you have any questions.
Benefits of Participating in Green EIP
Green EIP promotes organizations that participate in the program as “Green EIP Employers” to the HLS student body by:
- Listing the name of each Green EIP employer on a webpage on the Office of Career Services website
- E-mailing 2L and 3L students before first-round bidding with a list of Green EIP participants
- Sharing the HLS Green EIP logo with organizations for use for their own promotion materials
- Utilizing social media sources to raise student awareness of Green EIP and participating employers
- Providing participants with the opportunity to link to their CSR/Sustainability reports to promote their socially & environmentally responsible activities
- Displaying the names of Green EIP employers in the student lounge
How to Register & Contact Information
Please contact the Green EIP Coordinator with any questions.