OPIA’s Virtual Public Interest Networking Reception provides an opportunity for students to connect with attorneys from a wide range of public interest organizations, including international organizations, federal and state government, legal services, public defenders, prosecutors, public interest law firms, and non-profit advocacy organizations. Learn about potential summer and post-graduate job opportunities and brush up on your networking skills.
View the list of participating employers and a comprehensive bio sheet of all of the representatives. Information is subject to change!
Accessing the Event
This virtual event will be held on the interactive Airmeet platform. Students should follow these steps to access the event:
- RSVP to the event. Registrants will receive a direct link to the event.
- Use a desktop or laptop computer, rather than a tablet or cell phone. The platform can work through mobile devices, but is best through a laptop or desktop.
- Airmeet is best experienced on a Chrome browser.
- Close all other programs using your microphone and video, such as Zoom, before you open Airmeet.
- Before joining any tables, OPIA recommends updating your Airmeet profile after you log-in. When prompted upon joining the event in Airmeet, fill out your profile:
- Enter your full name and personal pronouns.
- Select “Student” as your role, and then select your class year.
- Under “Organization” put HLS.
- Under “City” and “Country” put “Cambridge” and “United States”.
- You can also update your profile under the “Settings” tab anytime after you join the event.
- Once you join the event, you will be in the “social lounge” with dozens of “tables.” Tables are listed alphabetically by organization name. Here is a list of participating organizations and a comprehensive bio sheet of all of the representatives.
- To join a particular table, click on an open seat. This will bring you into the table, where you can enable your video and microphone to be seen and heard. You can adjust your microphone and video at the table, and test as needed. You will see and hear everyone else present at that table. Want to test out the platform before joining an organization’s table? Feel free to join the OPIA staff table first!
Having problems logging into Airmeet?
- Information on supported browsers
- Troubleshooting tips for attendees
- Re-joining if you get disconnected
- Granting required device permissions
- Granting camera and mic permissions
Still running into issues? Airmeet has a 24/7 support lounge you can access during the event. Click on any of the articles above and a link to the chat is available.
Tips for Navigating the Event
- Review our Networking Tips, and Professionalism Guide.
- Review the bios of the representatives participating in the event (subject to change).
- Business attire is recommended. Consider dressing as you would for an interview.
- Feel free to stay for the entire event, or join for only part of it. You can also visit as many or as few tables as you would like. No formal presentations are scheduled.
- Think about what questions you have for organizations’ representatives, including about their own career paths, their day-to-day tasks, their organization, potential summer or post-graduate opportunities, and more.
- When you join a table, wait for a natural break in the conversation and then introduce yourself. Please remain aware that a maximum of 8 participants can be at a table simultaneously, and remain respectful of representatives’ and other students’ time.
- The main chat features in Airmeet allow you to chat with all participants in the event (right-hand side in the social lounge), or you can chat with everyone at a table once you join one. Make sure you know your audience when you type into a chat box! If you need to ask questions about the event itself, feel free to stop by the OPIA staff table.
- When you are ready to leave a table, thank the representatives for their time. If a conversation between representatives and another student at the table is ongoing when you need to leave, consider typing your thanks and announcing your departure in the table’s chat box.