Position: UNPAID – Fall 2021 – Remote Cyber Policy Legal Fall Intern/Extern
Who we are: NYC Department of IT & Telecommunications (DoITT)
Term: Fall 2021
Start: August 2021
About us: DoITT partners with over 100 government entities to help them obtain the right technology solutions that meet their business needs and delivery services to New Yorkers.
- Learn useful skills and advanced knowledge by working with attorneys on issues relating to cybersecurity and privacy
- Under close supervision, perform legal research, draft memoranda, legal opinions, policy statements, agreements, correspondence and other legal documents, attend virtual meetings, and work with clients as directed by attorneys.
- Review and identify legal issues in policies, agreements, memoranda, correspondence, and other documents.
- Review and succinctly summarize federal, state, and local law requirements on various issues
Your Experience and Skills:
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a graduate degree program in law school
- Preference for second or third-year law student with information technology, cybersecurity, privacy law, and/or Internet law coursework and/or experience and a demonstrated interest in technology
- You will learn how the Office of the General Counsel vigorously advocates for DoITT, NYC Cyber Command, the Mayor’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer, and other objectives while managing agency risk and compliance in a practical and effective manner
- You will learn skills and knowledge regarding a wide range of legal fields
- You will meet and work with a wide range of professionals and build your network
The Schedule and Compensation: August 2021 to December 2021
- This position is remote and requires interns to have the ability to connect remotely using their own device(s).
- This position is an unpaid volunteer opportunity; candidates are encouraged to seek funding and/or academic credit from outside sources
- Submit a cover letter, resume, transcript and writing sample to email@example.com with the title of this internship as the subject line
- Application period closes May 7, 2021
- Learn more about us at https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doitt/index.page