Need a book chapter from Widener? An article from MCZ? Use Scan & Deliver to save a trip by requesting their material be scanned and emailed to you.
Scan & Deliver, a free electronic document delivery service of the Harvard University libraries, allows Harvard faculty, students and staff to request scanned copies of chapters and articles from materials held at the Harvard Depository and participating Harvard libraries. When viewing an item in HOLLIS, initiate a request by clicking the Scan & Deliver link located in the holdings or availability portion of its record. A one-time registration is required for first-time users.
Log in to your Scan & Deliver account to track filled and outstanding requests.
Please note the following:
- Requests may be made for personal use only and are limited to a single chapter or article up to 100-pages
- Requests are fulfilled within 4-days and include email updates
- Reserve, course reserve, microfilm and already checked-out items are not eligible
- Requests made for multiple chapters from a single book will be rejected
- No more than 2 requests per day per library
- No Rush Service
Scan & Deliver is just one of the Harvard Library’s Get It suite of services,providing Harvard researchers with a full range of options for locating and requesting materials. Please contact the Library Circulation Desk, 617-495-3455, for more information.