The HLS laundry rooms are managed by a third party vendor under a University master contract.
Laundry rooms are equipped with coin and credit card operated washing and drying machines. Laundry rooms include laundry equipment instruction signs and step stools. Not supplied are: laundry soap, laundry softener, irons and ironing boards.
Locations of laundry rooms are as followings:
- Gropius Complex – Basement of Dane Hall and Shaw Hall
- Hastings Hall – Basement
- 1637 Mass Avenue – First floor
- 3 and 5 Mellen Street – Basement
- North Hall – First floor
You can view machine status such as available, in use, or out of order of all the laundry rooms except for North Hall via the web by clicking here. The machine status for North Hall can be seen by downloading the CSCPay app.
For instructions on how to launder your close properly click here.
Please be courteous and mindful towards your fellow residents when using the laundry rooms and remember to:
- Do not use bleach in the machines.
- Do not overload or place bulky items in the machines, as that may result in needed service calls.
- Promptly remove clothes from machines so other residents may use them.
- Clean the lint collector basket from the dryer used.
And while we discourage removing someone else’s laundry from the machines, if it must be done, do so with care and consideration.