Skip to content

COMMENCEMENT SEVERE WEATHER PLAN: Please learn more about locations for the diploma ceremony and viewing rooms

Front entrance of Langdell Hall

History of Langdell Hall

In 1905, Dean James Barr Ames commissioned Langdell Hall, when it was clear that the school was outgrowing Austin Hall. The southern wing of Langdell was completed by 1907, while the northern and western wings were completed by 1929. Today, it is home to the Harvard Law School Library, the most extensive academic law library in the world.

Features