Work with Harvard Law School Executive Education to develop a custom program that addresses the wide-array of business, law, and leadership challenges facing your organization.
We develop custom programs for law firms, corporate legal departments, and legal organizations across a range of topics. We will collaborate with you to design a highly-tailored in-person or online program that aligns with your organization’s goals. With a core faculty team from Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School, we can create an expert-driven curriculum unique to your audience. Bring the Harvard Law School Executive Education experience to your organization.
From Associate to Client-Partner Programs
We offer customized content for legal professionals across a range of roles and experience levels. We have designed programs that:
- Help associates master corporate language, gain business skills, and develop client relationships
- Support new partners in their transition into new leadership responsibilities
- Strengthen senior partners’ ability to develop and drive firm strategy and alignment
- Foster collaboration between clients and partners
- Enhance in-house lawyers’ ability to understand and become trusted advisors to their internal client
Program Content Options
Program session content can be tailored to fit the needs of your lawyers and organization. Harvard Law School Executive Education faculty have expertise in the following categories:
- Leadership: understanding yourself, leading teams and people, leading organizations, leading change
- Strategy: law firm strategy, corporate (client) strategy, alignment
- Innovation: strengthening client relationships
- Collaboration: smart collaboration, sector-based strategies
- Core Business Skills: finance, accounting, marketing, negotiations
- Core Legal Topics: M&A, tax, IP, compliance and risk, technology
Interested in a topic that isn’t listed here? Contact us to discuss your organization’s needs.
Developing a Custom Program
You know your organization best. We know the leadership challenges of the legal profession. Together we will develop a program the fits your needs. Here’s an overview of the process:
Let us know you’re interested! Fill out this form→
- We will connect with the relevant stakeholders to learn about your organization’s strengths and challenges.
- We will propose content areas of focus and a program timeline.
- We will identify a Faculty Chair whose expertise aligns with the focus and goals of your program.
- The Faculty Chair will refine the program content and lead the teaching team during program delivery. Our administrative team will ensure a high-quality program experience.
- Your participants will have an unrivaled and impactful experience.
Cohort Size and Pricing Guidelines
We develop custom programs for groups of 25-70 participants. We find that an ideal class size is between 35-60. This size allows for dynamic classroom discussions and a diversity of thought.
Pricing is dependent on a number of factors including the faculty, the size of the cohort, and the length of program. For a guideline on custom program pricing, refer to the per participant program fee of our leadership programs.
Developing a custom program requires a true partnership between the HLS program development team and representatives of the organization. We have worked with a number of firms and organizations, providing high-quality professional education solutions. Some of our partners include:
Spotlight: The Milbank Program with HLS Executive Education
Since 2011, HLS Executive Education has been developing and delivering a modular, multi-year training program with Milbank LLP for the firm’s mid- to senior-level associates.
Through this first-of-its kind professional development program between Harvard Law School and a prominent law firm, we provide Milbank associates with immersive, six to seven-day programs designed to build their leadership and business skills. From their 4th to 7th year as associates, they join us on campus or virtually once a year. Led by Harvard Law and Business School faculty, and with the assistance of Milbank partners, the program covers topics such as business, finance, accounting, marketing, law, management skills, client relations, and personal and professional development.
Associates who participate in the Milbank program with Harvard Law School Executive Education:
- Are much more competent in their core business skills and and are able to communicate more successfully with clients as a result
- Develop deep and lasting ties with their peers and the many Milbank partners who participate in their learning sessions
- Are better prepared to manage people and teams and assume greater leadership responsibilities within the firm and with the firm’s clients
- Greatly appreciate the firm’s impressive investment in their professional development, enhancing retention, loyalty and lateral hiring.
Learn more about our work with Milbank LLP: “Milbank Grooms Midlevel Associates for Success at Harvard“, “Why A Firm Takes Clients Into The Classroom Rather Than Out To The Ball Game“