Are you interested in becoming a Resident Advisor (RA) in the HLS Residence Halls? Join us for an informational lunch to hear more about the experience and application process.
RAs help to create a sense of community and a sense of belonging amongst residents who live in Gropius, North Hall, Hastings and The Apartments. The HLS Residence Hall Advisor is a live-in position under the direction of the Dean of Students Office with a connection to the Housing Office. The primary responsibility of the Resident Advisor is to assist residents with urgent and non-urgent needs and build community through interactive and passive programming.
- Partial housing stipend
- Generous budget for event planning and community building
- Leadership and professional development
- Gain experience in peer to peer leadership, act as a mentor/guide to other students
- Gain experience in hosting social events
- Opportunity to create a close-knit residential community
- Must be a current Harvard Law School student in good academic standing
- Students of other schools within the University, or any non-student affiliates are not eligible
- Candidates must have completed one full academic year of their current program at HLS
- Returning JDs and Returning SJDs are eligible (students are not eligible if they are in the 1st year of their degree program)
- Candidates must be willing to live on-campus for the duration of the RA contract; which is the entire academic year
- Students who are graduating mid-year, studying abroad, or taking a semester off during the upcoming academic year are not eligible
- No prior on-campus residency required
- Prior resident assistant or student leadership experience preferred, but not required
- Academic Year: August 13, 2024- May 16, 2025
- Mandatory Training Dates: August 14th-16th
The application period will open on Monday, February 5th and close on Friday, February 23rd at 12:00pm.
Questions? Email email@example.com