The Africa Development Conference, hosted by the Harvard African Law Association (HALA) and the Harvard Kennedy School’s Africa Caucus, is the premier conference for facilitating global discourse on the primary issues of Africa’s development. Now in its fourteenth year, the 2023 conference brings together influential players to further the debate and share progressive policies and practices for a better future for Africa.
The conference is designed to support Africa’s expedited structural transformation by offering a platform that advances intellectual and practical debate and enhances partnerships between governments and investors in rebranding and reshaping Africa in the international development arena. This reshaping will require a comprehensive evaluation of development with considerations from the fields of law, government, technology, health, education, design, media, and more.
The 2023 Africa Development Conference will be taking place April 15th-16th.
This year’s theme for the conference is Reimagining Africa’s Growth on Our Terms. Guest speakers for this year’s conference include, but are not limited to:
- His Excellency Mahamadu Bawumia, Vice President of Ghana
- Ivor Ichikowitz, Executive Chairman of the Paramount Group
- Vic Mensah, Rapper
- Lindiwe Mazibuko, Former Leader of the Opposition of the Republic of South Africa
- Dr. Omar Alieu Touray, President of the Economic Community of West African States
- Hon. Kirsty Coventry, Cabinet Minister of Youth Affairs, Sport, Art and Recreation for Zimbabwe
Tickets can be found here: bit.ly/2023ADC