There are several sources of funding which may be combined with SPIF funds up to the funding cap that are specific to HLS students. The 2021 deadlines for the following fellowships has now passed:
- Lani Guinier Summer Fellowship: For those who will engage in advocacy and policy work for an organization advancing social justice and democracy.
- Justice John Paul Stevens Fellowship: All SPIF eligible employment will be considered.
- L. Anthony Sutin Public Service Fellowship: All SPIF eligible employment will be considered. Preference will be given to applicants who obtain summer employment in the Appalachian region or in other areas in the United States that have typically been underrepresented.
- James Vorenberg Equal Justice Summer Fellowship: For those who will pursue a summer internship in the fields of civil rights and criminal justice.
- Harvard Club of New York Voting Rights Summer Fellowship: For any 1L or 2L interning at the ACLU Voting Rights Project located in New York City.
- Harvard Club of New York NAACP Summer Fellowship: For any 1L or 2L interning at the NAACP Legal Defense Fund located in New York City.
Information about other HLS specific supplemental funding sources, not administered by the SPIF Office, is available on the HLS Fellowships website. In addition, OPIA’s website lists several summer fellowships that are also administered outside of the SPIF Office.