Installing the PaperCut MF Client in Mac OS X
IMPORTANT: Read and follow these instructions very carefully; if you miss a step, you’ll be unable to print.
- Download the PaperCut installer
- If you get a message stating that the pkg file “can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer:”
- Go to the Apple menu and choose System Preferences
- Open Security and Privacy
- Click the Open Anyway button
- The PaperCut installer will open. Click the Continue button
- Click Install and enter your computer credentials to authorize the installation
- When the installation has completed successfully, click Close
Checking the Print Queues
Before printing, it’s worth checking your Printers & Scanners settings under System Preferences to be sure both the Color and Black and White queues are mapped correctly. They should appear as they do below:
Printing to PaperCut Print Queues
Before printing make sure the PaperCut Client is open. You will need to login to PaperCut using your HLS Me (LDAP) username and password.
The client should appear in the bottom right corner on your desktop, with your username and balance.
If it is not running, you will need to start the application. Search your computer for PCClient and open that to run the program.
When you send a job to a printer after installing and running PaperCut, you’ll be asked for your HLS Me (LDAP) username and password. “For this job only” is the only option for the “Remember:” field, which means you’ll need to enter your credentials for each print job you send.
After sending the job and successfully authenticating, you’ll see a window notifying you that the job is waiting in the print queue to be released at a public printer.
You can either scan your ID card through the card swipe on the printer or enter your HLS Me (LDAP) credentials on the printer screen after pressing the “Username and Password” soft button. Once you do that, you will need to select which job(s) to release and print from the printer screen. You will not be charged until the job is released at the printer. *Please note: You can only release a color job at a color printer and a black and white job at a black and white printer. See student printer locations here.