Statistics released by the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) indicate that Harvard Law School faculty members are currently featured prominently on SSRN’s list of the 100 most-cited law school faculty in all fields.
As of the start of March 2023, six Harvard Law School faculty members were featured in the top 25, making Harvard Law School the law school with the highest representation in the top 100 most-cited faculty. They are:
- Cass R. Sunstein (#1 with 6,051 citations)
- Lucian Bebchuk (#2 with 3,591 citations)
- Steven Shavell (#7 with 1,658 citations)
- Alma Cohen (#14 with 1,192 citations)
- Jesse M. Fried (#19 with 973 citations)
- Louis Kaplow (#22 with 947 citations)
Five additional HLS faculty members were featured in top 100:
- Adrian Vermeule (#32 with 719 citations)
- Mark J. Roe (#37 with 657 citations)
- Allen Ferrell (#39 with 609 citations)
- Reinier Kraakman (#72 with 387 citations)
- Holger Spamann (#77 with 380 citations)
SSRN is the leading electronic service for social science research. As of early March 2023, its electronic library contained over 1,182,800 full-text documents by more than 1,146,600 authors.
Want to stay up to date with Harvard Law Today? Sign up for our weekly newsletter.