Below you will find links to the most common loan providers for LIPP participants. We have also included some tips for how to navigate their websites and compiled both a Glossary of Loan Terms and a Glossary of LIPP Terms. Loan certifications may be in the form of a copy of your most recent statement (either printed bill or statement obtained via the web) or a letter from your lender verifying the required information. We may request additional documentation of your payments if discrepancies are noted.
Lender Contact Information
Harvard University Institutional Loans
The servicer for Harvard loans is Heartland ECSI.
Login to https://heartland.ecsi.net/
• Heartland ECSI should have contacted you via email regarding a “Heartland KEY” you will use to sign in.
• You maybe asked to enter your school code which is: k4
• If you are unable to log in and/or have not received an email regarding your Heartland KEY, please call 1 (888) 549-3274 to determine the problem or contact Heartland ECSI Live Chat for assistance
There are several federal loan servicers.
If you do not know who your servicer is, go to your StudentAid.gov account, click on the “My Aid” section, and then select “View loan servicer details”. You can also call the Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC) at 1-800-433-3243.
• You will then need to go to the servicer’s website and set up your account online.
• Submit the summary letter PDF and/or a screen shot of your home page showing the required payment amount and payment history.
NEW PARTICIPANTS: For the first application, please submit screenshots of the monthly payment due for each group of loans.
Firstmark is a division of Nelnet.
Go to https://secure.firstmarkservices.com
• Log on using username and password or click on “Register” to set up a user profile
• Phone: (888) 538-7378
• Email Form: https://secure.firstmarkservices.com/Home/EmailUs
NEW PARTICIPANTS: Note your first payment will not be due until approximately December for a 6-month grace or March for a 9-month grace. Statements you receive prior to this point may be interest-only statements, and although they show an amount due and a payment date, this amount does not need to be paid and will simply capitalize (be added into the principal of your loan) before repayment if you do not pay it prior.
Go to https://www.salliemae.com/
• Logon to your Student Loans using your User ID and password or Click on “Create your online account” on the login page to set up an account
• Phone: (800) 472-5543
Discover Student Loans
Go to https://www.discover.com/student-loans/repayment/customer
• Click on “Log In” and either create a new account or log in to your existing account
• Phone: 1-800-STUDENT