AG Immigration Law Group is a law firm with offices all over the United States, specializing in humanitarian, family and employment-based immigration law. AG is conducting ongoing recruitment for Fall, Spring and Summer semesters.
Prior immigration law experience (law school immigration clinic, law firm or non-profit) preferred but not required.
As a legal intern, you will engage in the following tasks:
- Drafting briefs and legal cover letters for immigrant and non-immigrant visa petitions.
- Main practice areas would include : EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, NIW, E-2, P-1, R-1, asylum, humanitarian, waivers and family based petitions.
- Conducting legal research as needed for the above-cited processes.
- Drafting letters and statements in support of immigration petitions.
- Filling out immigration forms – I-485, I-140, I-129, DS-160, DS-260, I-539 and others.
- Working with a supervising attorney to develop case strategies for initial petitions and requests for evidence (RFEs).
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast-paced and growing immigration law firm as well as gain experience in the daily practice of immigration law.
1L, 2L and 3L students will be considered.
3L students who display a commitment to delivering exceptional results to our clients will be considered for permanent positions after graduation, pending bar admission (any state), and will be provided with an excellent letter of reference.
Speakers of Portuguese and Spanish highly preferred, but not required.
If you are interested, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.