Amartya Kuman Sen
Harvard University Affiliated Professor
Thomas W. Lamont University Professor and Professor of Economics and Philosophy, Harvard University
Amartya Sen is Thomas W. Lamont University Professor, and Professor of Economics and Philosophy, at Harvard University and was until 2004 the Master of Trinity College, Cambridge. He is also Senior Fellow at the Harvard Society of Fellows. Earlier on he was Professor of Economics at Jadavpur University Calcutta, the Delhi School of Economics, and the London School of Economics, and Drummond Professor of Political Economy at Oxford University.
- Amartya Sen, Angus Deaton & Tim Besley, Economics with a Moral Compass? Welfare Economics: Past, Present, and Future, 12 Ann. Rev. of Econ. 1 (2020).
- Amartya K. Sen, The Idea of Justice (Harv. Univ. Press 2009).
- Amartya K. Sen, Identity and Violence: The Illusion of Destiny (W.W. Norton 2006).
- Amartya K. Sen, The Argumentative Indian: Writings on Indian History, Culture and Identity (Picador 2006).
- Amartya K. Sen, Why Exactly is Commitment Important for Rationality?, 21 J. Econ. & Phil. 5 (2005).