The Department of Energy’s Office of the Ombudsman (Ombuds) is seeking a student volunteer intern for the 2022 summer and/or 2022 fall semester to join the Ombuds Team. The position will be remote with the option for limited in-person meetings, depending on the intern’s location and ability to travel.
DOE’s Ombuds reports to the Office of the Secretary and provides organizational ombudsman services to DOE’s federal workforce, offering confidential, independent, and neutral support to individuals and groups seeking a path forward. Support is provided by helping to identify root cause(s) of workplace challenges; brainstorming options and assessing pros and cons; and helping to develop and implement plans of action.
The intern will support DOE’s Ombuds office in the following areas:
- Outreach to the workforce to increase awareness of Ombuds services
- Development of trainings and resources on conflict resolution topics
- Assistance with ombuds services such as facilitations and consultations
- Analyzing organizational and Ombuds’ data for insights and trends
- Helping improve Ombuds services via enhanced processes/procedures
Candidates should demonstrate knowledge and experience in their application.
- Knowledge and/or experience in organizational ombuds practices and/or informal dispute or conflict resolution
- Knowledge of tools and techniques such as mediation, facilitation, or conflict coaching
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to a variety of audiences
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience designing and delivering presentations and/or trainings
The total number of hours per week, length of the internship and start date are negotiable.