Receptions are a great way for employers to connect with Harvard Law students. With the opening of Wasserstein Hall, Harvard’s new, state of the art facility, employers now have the option of holding receptions on the law school campus or off-site in Harvard Square and the surrounding neighborhoods of Cambridge.
Employers must receive OCS approval for any recruiting events targeted at Harvard Law students. OCS vets all employer reception requests to ensure that a requested date will not conflict with other events that could impact attendance, including exam periods, OCS programs, student events, and other employer events. However, please note that events may be scheduled by student groups or other departments after a reception is approved. We will do our best to notify you of any potential conflicts at the earliest possible date.
In order to enhance student attendance at each event, no more than two employer receptions will be scheduled on the same evening in the Cambridge area. OCS reserves the right to decline a second event request on a given date if the second event is likely to significantly impact attendance.
Please follow these steps to secure a date for a reception:
- Visit the OCS Events Calendar to research an appropriate date. Please take note of blacked out dates and previously scheduled employer events that may impact attendance at your event.
- Once you have identified a date, please complete this survey to submit your event request.
- The date will be confirmed by OCS within two business days.
Your event is not approved until you receive an email confirmation from OCS. Once your event is approved, please review the information below to make the appropriate reservations.
We encourage you to collect RSVPs by email because that will allow us to integrate the RSVP process into our event calendar. In recent years, we have found that RSVP counts have been higher for events using the email RSVP process through our events calendar.
Harvard Law School’s Wasserstein Hall is transforming student life and learning at Harvard Law School. Comprising approximately 250,000 square feet on the corner of Everett Street and Massachusetts Avenue, this new complex is dramatically improving the teaching environment, providing new spaces for student activities, and significantly strengthening the learning community. Wasserstein Hall offers state-of-the-art facilities where employers can hold on-campus student receptions in the same building where most first year classes are held.
OES Contact: Chris Nayler
After securing an on-campus venue for your event, you can request catering and audio / visual services. Please make sure to reference the following key information in your requests:
- Event date
- Event time
- Your organization name
- Contact info
- Event space Reservation ID as obtained from OES.
Catering services for all on-campus events are provided by the university approved vendor, Restaurant Associates. Please review the Catering Menu to get started with your planning, then contact Restaurant Associates to finalize your plans.
Contact: Kara Jansons
Audio / Visual services are provided by the Media Services Department.
Harvard Square and the surrounding areas offer a range of quality restaurants and venues from which to choose when hosting an off-campus event. To get you started, please consider the following venues:
- Alden & Harlow
- Beat Hotel
- Cambridge Queen’s Head
- Finale Restaurant
- Grafton Street
- Russell House Tavern
- Temple Bar
- The Red House
- Tory Row
Whether your event is held on- or off-campus, OCS will publicize the event so long as the event is open to all students from a given class year. Publicity will consist of the following:
- A listing on the OCS events calendar
- A post on the university calendar (local events only)
- A post on the OCS blog & email to students
- Optional: You are welcome to submit a 1-page flyer (PDF format only please) describing your event that will be included in the blog post and email. Please send your flyer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consistent with the NALP Guidelines employers may not communicate directly or indirectly with first year students before December 1. This rule also prohibits informally arranging meetings with 1Ls during the fall recruitment season, even if the contact is student initiated. Invitations to social functions scheduled before December 1 should be directed only to second and third year students.
- OCS welcomes the opportunity to partner with employers on a variety of programming and events. Partnering with OCS ensures visibility to the entire student population, as well as assistance with logistics to ensure a successful program. To learn how to effectively partner with OCS by getting involved in our programming, please contact Jason McCann, Associate Director of Career Services, at email@example.com.
- Individual firm information sessions or networking receptions must comply with Harvard Law School’s non-discrimination policy.
- Employers that fail to comply with these policies may not be able to utilize the facilities and services of the Office of Career Services.
Thank you for your interest in recruiting Harvard Law School students. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about scheduling your event.