We look forward to hosting your organization for Harvard Law School’s 2014 Early Interview Program (EIP) at the Charles Hotel. Please note the following when planning your trip to Cambridge:
Interview schedules will run on one of the following schedules:
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (20- & 30-minute interviews)
- 9:20 am – 5:20 pm (20-minute interviews)
To maximize the number of scheduled interviews, we assign one of the above start and end times for each organization’s interview schedule(s). Multiple offices of a single organization will start and end at the same time. OCS will send an email as soon as interview schedules and resumes are available in Symplicity on August 4.
Please note, students will have the option of adding interviews with your organization on the morning of your interview date through a process facilitated by OCS. As such, please do not fill the empty slots in your interview schedules or they may be double-booked.
In order to facilitate a smooth registration process for your recruiters on the morning of your interview date, please record interviewer names for your interview schedule(s) in Symplicity. To assign interviewer names, please complete the following steps:
Step 1: Log-in to Symplicity
Step 2: Select ‘OCI’ from the top menu bar, followed by the ‘Confirmed Schedules’ sub-tab
Step 4: Select the interview date hyperlink that corresponds to each interviewing office
Step 5: In the ‘Interviewer’ section, add the interviewer name for each room. If you have more than one interviewer per room, click the ‘Add Name’ button.
OCS staff will be on hand all day to assist you with any issues or requests.
- Interviewers and recruiters should check-in with HLS staff in the Regattabar on the third floor of The Charles Hotel between 7 and 8:45 am.
- Final interview schedules, student resumes, EIP information and keys to interview rooms & hospitality suites will be provided.
- The Regattabar will be open to employers from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm with refreshments. Continental breakfast will be provided from 7:30 am to 10:00 am and lunch from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Recruiters will have access to their interview rooms and hospitality suites from 8:00 am – 7:00 pm.
- Reminder: Students will have the option of adding interviews with your organization on the morning of your interview date through a process facilitated by OCS. As such, please do not fill the empty slots in your interview schedules or they may be double-booked.
For employers with hospitality suites, there are two options concerning how students check-in for interviews:
- Students are required to visit the hospitality suite to check-in before interviews. The recruiter on-site will be responsible for informing the student of where his / her interview will take place. The advantage of this option is that the specific interview rooms will not be assigned in advance of your arrival on your interview date, allowing you to decide which interviewer will be in which room.
- Students report directly to the interview room and are not required to visit the hospitality suite. OCS will share with students the exact locations of their interview rooms in advance of your interview date. Students can visit the hospitality suite at their discretion.
You were asked to select which option you would like to employ with respect to hospitality suites when you registered for EIP earlier this year. You can review your selection at any time in Symplicity by selecting the “OCI” tab, followed by the “Confirmed Schedules” tab. The question can be found in the right margin under the “Other Registration Information” section and reads as follows:
If your organization will host a hospitality suite, please select one of the following:
Send students (interviewees) to the hospitality suite to check-in before interviews.
Send students (interviewees) directly to their interview room. Hospitality suite visit optional.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to change your response to this question.
The Charles Hotel is located in Harvard Square at 1 Bennett Street, Cambridge, MA. Maps, directions and parking information are available on The Charles Hotel website here.
If your recruiter will drive to the Charles Hotel, self and valet parking will be available. For questions regarding parking, please contact Louise Myint of the Charles Hotel at HLSRecruiting@charleshotel.com or 617-661-5040. We recommend that recruiters arrive by taxi, car service or public transportation unless they are familiar with the area.
All packages sent to the Charles Hotel (arrival date should be no earlier than 2 days prior to your interview date) should include the following: firm name, onsite recruitment contact, interview date, total # of packages (for example, 1 of 2, 2 of 2).
Packages should be sent to the following address:
The Charles Hotel in Harvard Square
One Bennett Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
Hotel staff will deliver your materials to your interview room.
Please direct any questions or requests to Steve Donovan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-495-2959.