Your browser does not support JavaScript

Are you a Harvard Law School graduate who has career related questions? We invite all alumni/ae to make an appointment with the Office of Career Services. We will work with you to define your goals, develop your job search strategy, research potential employers, and find the job you want. An individual career consultation also offers you the opportunity to receive feedback on your resume and cover letter, develop interview strategies, and learn networking techniques.

How to Schedule an Appointment

To schedule an appointment with an advisor, navigate to our online appointment scheduling system and login. If you have not used CSM recently please see How to Use CSM for more information. If you are unable to access your account, clicking the “forgot password” link will send a password reset email to the account we have on file (your HLS email if you graduated after 2010). If you do not have an account and would like to request one be created, please email with your name used when a student, graduation year, email, and phone number.

To make an appointment click “Schedule an Appointment” found in the section on the right called OCS Appointments. Select the type of appointment you want and any other filters, and then click the “check availability” button to see which advisors have open appointments. Please note that you must schedule an appointment at least one day in advance.


Types of Appointments


Alumni advising appointments are by phone only. Please select the service called Alumni Advising. When you select an advising appointment please include a phone number and preferred email for your appointment in the comments.

Please note that during certain times of the year many people are eager to speak with an advisor and appointments fill up quickly. We try our best to meet demand, but if you are having trouble finding an open spot please email us at


For advice about judicial clerkships please review the Judicial Clerkship section of our website. If you wish to meet with a clerkship advisor select the service called Judicial Clerkships.