Below is a sample of organizations that have traditionally hosted fellows in the past.
*Please be aware that this is just a sample of organizations.
As with all organizations, contact each organization for specific deadlines and application procedures. Some of these organizations may host fellows with project-based fellowships, such as the Skadden and EJW, others may have their own organization-based fellowships, and a few may host both types of fellowships. Also check PSJD and OPIA’s Insiders’ Guide to Successful Fellowship and Grant Applications. You are strongly encouraged to apply to multiple opportunities for support.
If you are interested in applying for a fellowship, make an appointment with Fellowships Director, Judy Murciano.
View upcoming host organization deadlines.
- Advancement Project – Washington, D.C.
- Advocates for Children of New York, Inc. – New York, NY
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Michigan – Detroit, MI
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Northern California – San Francisco, CA
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) Women’s Rights Project – New York, NY
- Appalachian Citizens’ Law Center – Whitesburg, KY
- AYUDA – Falls Church, VA, and Washington, D.C.
- Bay Area Legal Aid – Oakland, CA
- Brennan Center for Justice – New York, NY
- California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc. – CA
- The Center for Popular Democracy – New York, NY, and Washington, D.C.
- Children’s Law Center – Washington, DC
- Community Legal Services of Philadelphia – Philadelphia, PA
- The Door – New York, NY
- Education Law Center – Newark, NJ
- Education Law Center – Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, PA
- Employment Law Center (LAS-ELC) – San Francisco, CA
- Greater Boston Legal Services (GBLS) – Boston, MA
- Independence Foundation – Philadelphia, PA
- International Institute of the Bay Area – Oakland Office – Oakland, CA
- Lambda Legal – Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, NY
- Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles (LAFLA) – Los Angeles, CA
- Legal Services for Children – San Francisco, CA
- Legal Services of Northern California – CA
- Mississippi Center for Justice – MS
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund – New York, NY
- National Center for Law and Economic Justice – New York, NY
- National Housing Law Project – San Francisco, CA
- National Immigration Law Center – Los Angeles, CA
- New Jersey Institute for Social Science – Newark, NJ
- New York Civil Liberties Union – New York, NY
- New York Lawyers for the Public Interest – New York, NY
- New York Legal Assistance Group – New York, NY
- Public Counsel – Los Angeles, CA
- Start Small Think Big – Bronx, NY
- Swords to Plowshares: A Veterans’ Rights Organization – San Francisco, CA
- Urban Justice Center – Community Development Project – New York, NY
- Women Enabled International, Inc. – Washington, D.C.
- Women’s Law Project – Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, PA