Claim Me is the process of claiming your HLS Me account. The Claim Me system will allow ITS to send you an Account Claim Code without fear of risking theft and access to your resources on the HLS network or your email. Because the Account Claim Code will only allow you access to claim your HLS Me account, and nothing more, we now ensure that you are the only person that knows your password.
Claiming your HLS Me account couldn’t be easier!
- Go to https://me.law.harvard.edu, have your Account Claim Code ready (you will receive this from the Admissions office, the Graduate Program, or the ITS Service Desk). Click on the section that says First-time Users: “claim your account here.”
- On the next screen, check the box that certifies you agree to the account policy
- Click “Continue”
- Enter your Account Claim Code and click “Continue”
- Enter your password (must have a minimum 8 characters, one capital letter, one number, and one special character. For example: %, &, #, etc.) Please note that the Symbol “\” is not supported. See Password FAQ for more information.
- Confirm your password in the second field
- Click “Continue”
- Click “OK”
There are two scenarios in which you will need to use the Claim Me system.
- You are a first time user of the system. In this case you should receive your Account Claim Code from the Admissions office for JD students, the Graduate Program office for LLM or SJD students, or the ITS Service Desk. You will not be able to access any HLS resources managed by the HLS Me account system without Claiming Me first. For information about the resources your HLS Me account accesses, please reference “What systems does my HLS Me account access?” below.
- You need to have your account reset because you forget your password or locked yourself out of the system. In this case you should contact the ITS Service Desk and receive a new Account Claim Code. This will allow you to change your password. For more information, please reference the section above, “How do I Claim Me?”