- September 4, 2015, 1:30-3:30: Closed, No Appointments
- September 7, 2015: Closed, No Appointments
- October 12, 2015: Closed, No Appointments
- November 11, 2015: Closed, No Appointments
- Beginning on June 1, there will be construction on the roof of Langdell Hall. There will be intermittent noise disruption in the Historical & Special Collections reading room as a result of the project. Additional information will be posted here as it becomes available.
ET SEQ. BLOG HSC CHANNEL
Welcome to campus! Longtime followers of Et Seq. may know that the Library’s Historical & Special Collections staff often submit posts under the heading “852 RARE.” With the start of a new academic year, we wanted to provide a quick reminder of how the name “852 RARE” came to be. The name pays homage to the MARC (Machine Readable […]
If you find yourself in or around Langdell Hall next week, stop by the Caspersen Room to see our two exhibits, both in their final week. It was a Dark and Stormy Semester: Portrayals of Harvard Law School in Literature and By Popular Demand, an exhibit of items from Historical & Special Collections selected by HLS […]
Historical & Special Collections is pleased to announce the opening of two Modern Manuscript collections for research: The papers of Abram Chayes and Louis Jaffe. The Abram Chayes Papers cover the entirety of his professional career as a Harvard Law School professor, lawyer, and public servant. The collection spans from the 1930s up to his […]
With nearly three thousand linear feet of manuscripts, over three hundred thousand rare books, and more than seventy thousand visual images—photographs, prints, paintings, and objects—Historical & Special Collections houses one of the world’s most comprehensive collections of research materials for the study of legal history. Its chief mission is to acquire, catalog, preserve, and make available to researchers materials that document the history of the law in general and of Anglo-American law in particular.