- May 13, 2016, 2:00-5:00 PM: Closed, No Appointments
- May 30, 2016: Closed, No Appointments
- July 4, 2016: Closed, No Appointments
- Archiving Student Action at HLS: If you are a member of an HLS student organization, formal or informal, that would like to preserve the record of your organization’s contributions to HLS (or would just like to talk about what we are doing), please contact the Historical & Special Collections staff!
- Did you know that the HLS Library is on Instagram? Take a look at photos tagged #HLSLspecialcollections to see our contributions!
ET SEQ. BLOG HSC CHANNEL
Historical & Special Collections is pleased to announce that the new exhibit, What (Not) to Wear: Fashion and the Law is now on view in the Caspersen Room on the fourth floor of Langdell Hall. Though law and fashion may not initially seem like overlapping domains, given the central nature of each of these fields to our […]
April Fools’ day may have come and gone, but in the spirit of keeping the laughter going, let’s look back almost 70 years to a student prank involving the school’s portrait collection. As the story goes, two 3L students wanted to pull off a prank before graduation so they commissioned a young art student at […]
In Ruhleben Camp follows the production schedule of the magazine created by prisoners at Ruhleben, an internment camp for British civilians in Germany during WWI. Around the time that an issue of the magazine was released a hundred years ago, Marissa Grunes will post highlights from that number and tell part of its story. As March […]
With nearly three thousand linear feet of manuscripts, over three hundred thousand rare books, and more than seventy thousand visual images—photographs, prints, paintings, and objects—Historical & Special Collections houses one of the world’s most comprehensive collections of research materials for the study of legal history. Its chief mission is to acquire, catalog, preserve, and make available to researchers materials that document the history of the law in general and of Anglo-American law in particular.