We urge all students to become familiar with the LIPP program. While many students know at graduation that they want to apply for LIPP and enter the program in the year they graduate, many alumni contact us several years after graduation to apply for LIPP. These are generally alumni who have switched careers and utilize LIPP assistance to make this employment change possible while maintaining their loan repayment obligations.
LIPP eligibility is based on three factors:
- Eligible Borrowing – how much of your borrowing is eligible and what are your required monthly loan payments?
- Eligible Employment – work must be full-time and compensated
- Eligible Finances – income and assets
Points every graduate should remember:
- Graduates are eligible to enter LIPP at any time during repayment
- LIPP does not have a salary cap
- LIPP is not just for public interest positions
Additional information and resources given to 2016 graduates applying for LIPP (will be updated soon for 2017 graduates)