This form is REQUIRED from ALL financial aid recipients, including those receiving only loans, those receiving SPIF, and/or those who did not work during the summer of 2014. The information provided on this form is used to finalize our determination of your student contribution with regard to financial aid for the 2014-2015 academic year. This, in turn, allows us to finalize both your grant eligibility (if you are receiving grant) and any potential future eligibility for loan repayment assistance from LIPP.
In September and October, as part of our fall review process, we will be busy processing the information submitted on this form, along with any of the other information you may be required to complete/submit as part of Step 5 of the financial aid application process. We expect to complete our review process by November 1, 2014. At that time, you will receive notification that your 2014-2015 award and potential LIPP eligibility has been finalized.
Please be sure to only submit this form ONCE. If after submitting the form you wish to make corrections, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Definition of Summer
- ENTERING (Class of 2017) Students – Summer is defined as the period between June 1, 2014 and August, 31, 2014.
- RETURNING/CONTINUING and NEWLY ADMITTED TRANSFER (Class of 2016) Students – Summer is defined as the period between the last day of classes for 2013-2014 and the first day of classes for 2014-2015.
Income Documentation/Pay Stub or Volunteer Form Requirements
While ALL STUDENTS must complete this web form, the following explains which groups of students must also submit documentation of their earnings IN ADDITION TO THIS WEB FORM.
- ENTERING Students (Class of 2017):
- Gross (before taxes) Income Less than $10,000 — All entering 1Ls who reported that they will earn summer income less than $10,000 during the summer of 2014 are generally NOT required to submit summer income documentation or pay stubs since their income is, in most cases, not substantial enough to impact their aid. However, please note that this is not an absolute. SFS reserves the right to require entering students to document their summer earnings reported on this form with a paystub or other documentation from an employer. If it is determined that we need this documentation, a member of the HLS Student Financial Services staff will contact you directly via email.
- Gross (before taxes) Income Greater than $10,000 — All entering 1Ls who reported that they will earn summer income in excess of $10,000 during the summer of 2014 must comply with the same income documentation/pay stub requirements as outlined above for returning and transfer students. In this case, you will already see the Final Pay Stub/Volunteer Form document on your required list. If you did not originally report you would make more than $10,000 during the summer of 2014 but you actually did, you should also submit a Final Pay Stub for your employment because IT WILL BE REQUIRED once we review your income information as reported on the Summer Update Web Form and see you earned greater than the $10,000 threshold.
- Coming from a Full-Time Job — Entering students who had a full-time job that continued into the summer of 2014 and who earned more than $10,000 during the summer of 2014 should be sure to annotate their pay stub(s)/documentation in such a way that clarifies which portion of any year-to-date earnings was earned prior to June 1st and what income was earned after June 1st. This can be done by attaching a note to the paystub with the breakdown specifics.
- RETURNING/CONTINUING and NEWLY ADMITTED TRANSFER Students (with NO SPIF awards):
- Non-SPIF, Paying Jobs — All returning/continuing students and new transfer students must submit hard copies of their FINAL paystub(s) from ALL summer employers directly to HLS Student Financial Services. The final pay stub(s) must clearly display total gross earnings from each employer. If for some reason the final pay stub(s) is not obtainable, you will need to get some type of signed documentation directly from the corresponding employer (or your supervisor). This documentation must provide the dates of your employment, the number of full-time weeks you worked, and the amount of your TOTAL GROSS (before taxes) compensation.
- Non-SPIF, Non-Paying Jobs — Students doing volunteer work must also document their work. However, in lieu of a pay stub, they should submit have their employer/supervisor complete and submit our Volunteer Summer Employment Verification Form (PDF).
SPIF Recipients – ALL SPIF RECIPIENTS MUST COMPLETE THIS WEB FORM!
- SPIF Funding ONLY — Returning/Continuing students who received income/funding ONLY from the HLS Summer Funding Program, DO NOT need to provide income documentation of their SPIF Award. As long as you have complied with all SPIF requirements, we will access all relevant award data directly from out summer funding records.
- SPIF Funding AND Other Income — SPIF recipients who also received income directly from their employer in conjunction with their SPIF award or SPIF recipients who split their summers working between SPIF-eligible employment and some other type of non-SPIF employment must submit a final pay stub(s)or other documentation for all non-SPIF employment/income held/received throughout the summer
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 12, 2014 5:00PM